As we age, the skin can change with dark pigment appearing in patches or specific areas. This is caused by the overproduction of melanin, the substance responsible for skin colour. Hyperpigmentation is a very common condition and though usually harmless, can cause the skin to look uneven in tone. Hyperpigmentation can be caused by overexposure to the sun and can present itself as melasma, age spots, sunspots, photodamage and solar elastosis.
Although it can affect anyone, hyperpigmentation is more prevalent in Asian, Mediterranean, African, or Latin skins. Hyperpigmentation can affect any part of the face or body but is usually more prevalent on areas that are exposed to sunlight such as the face, hands and décolletage.
At Dentelle aesthetics we are experts in offering a wide range of treatments for hyperpigmentation which include the following:
- HydraFacial – a 4 to 6 step cleansing and hydrating treatment which utilises hydradermabrasion to actively reduce areas of hyperpigmentation and to create a more even skin tone.
- Prodigy Peels – Say hello to PRODIGY– a three-step pharmaceutical-grade peel system designed to be the bedrock of your annual beauty regime. Performed just once or twice a year, PRODIGY can help turn back the clock on fine lines, hyperpigmentation, scaring, and photoageing concerns, all whilst helping your everyday lotions and potions work smarter.
- Alumier and Environ facials – clinically proven facials utilising high quality skin products not available on the high street. Our targeted facials can reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation in a course of treatment. Alumier and Environ products can also be used at home to complement and enhance the facials that you have here at Dentelle.
- Fire & Ice facial – the iS Clinical Fire & Ice Resurfacing Facial is a rejuvenating treatment that bridges the gap between a mild facial and an invasive peel, with no downtime. iS Clinical products can also be used at home to compliment your Fire & Ice facial and to offer optimum results.
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) – during this treatment, short pulses of intense light are emitted via a hand-held applicator onto your skin. This light penetrates the melanin in skin helping to break down any areas of pigment.
- LED light therapy– The Déesse Pro LEF uses low level light therapy by way of medical grade, surface mounted, light emitting diodes (LED’s) to expose the skin to clinically proven specific wavelengths of light which are delivered at safe and effective doses. LED light therapy can effectively reduce areas of pigmentation within the skin.
Prior to any facial treatment here at Dentelle, we ask that you attend a no obligation consultation, so that we can assess your skin type and concerns and create a bespoke skincare plan exclusively for your needs.