The Next Advancement in Skin Regeneration – stimulating your skin’s natural ability to repair the effects of Ageing and Damaged Skin
Collagen stimulation therapy is one of the most up to date treatments which can harness your body’s natural healing powers to improve skin health. It is quickly becoming the skin rejuvenation modality of choice achieving visible results for fine lines, sun damage, scarring, slackened skin, uneven skin tone and dilated blood vessels.
The process called ‘micro-needling’ is delivered with an innovative medical device. SkinPen® organically stimulates the skin’s natural ability to repair itself. As we age the natural architecture of our skin deteriorates. This deterioration leads to fine lines, wrinkles. large pores and uneven skin texture. SkinPen comfortably creates thousands of controlled micro-injuries in the skin to trigger the body’s natural wound healing process. This process results in the formation and remodelling of Collagen, which supports the underlying tissue.
The result is more youthful smoother and tighter looking skin.
Medical micro-needling can significantly improve the appearance of aged and sun damaged skin, facial lines and wrinkles as well as acne scars
The SkinPen® Advantage
SkinPen is a Medical Class 11 Mechanical Micro-Needling device for the treatment of FINE LINES, WRINKLES & SCARS. As the skin ages the natural architecture of our skin deteriorates. This deterioration leads to fine lines, wrinkles , large pores and uneven skin texture
SkinPen comfortably creates thousands of micro-injuries in the skin to trigger the body’s natural wound healing process. This process results in skin remodelling, including the formation of collagen and elastin, the two proteins predominantly responsible for the structure of the skin.
Any product applied to the skin during or immediately after a SkinPen Treatment is absorbed into the basal layers of the skin
Before and after SkinPen® Micro-needling Treatment
Before and after care
Post treatment the skin will be reddened, possibly a little ‘puffy’ and you may be aware of a little tenderness. You will also experience skin tightness and the skin may also ‘flake’ in the first few days. Do not pick at any flaking skin it should be left to shed naturally.
• Do use the remaining HG lift that your practitioner will have given to you and the day after treatment use the Rescue product to calm and soothe
• Do Keep out of the sun on the day of treatment and for the following 24 hours also.
• Do use sunscreen factor 50 and keep out of direct sunlight to maximise long term results
• Don’t touch the skin unnecessarily immediately post treatment this will be important to avoid any post treatment infection.
• Don’t apply makeup for 24 hours post treatment.
• Don’t use harsh perfumed, astringent, AHA or alcohol containing products in the area for 24-48 hours post treatment.
• Don’t go swimming or in chlorinated water for 4-5 days post treatment and please
• Don’t engage in any heavy exercise sessions for 24-48 hours after treatment.
• Don’t have any other clinical treatments for 1-4 weeks post treatment. Speak to your practitioner for exact advise on how best to combine other treatments you may be having or may want to start having.
• Don’t shave or use any after-shave type products over the area that has been treated for 12-48 hours post treatment.
• Don’t allow any pets to lick the area that has been treated- this is likely to lead to major infection.
• Don’t a clean pillowcase on your bed and have clean towels.