Dentelle – an accredited Save Face member
At Dentelle, our holistic approach to your cosmetic and skincare concerns means we provide the most up-to-date, effective and reliable aesthetic and beauty treatments available, in a safe and comfortable environment.
Our staff listen to your needs and expectations and always carry out a full consultation, with careful assessment and medical screening.
We help you choose the most appropriate treatment plan, tailored to help you achieve the best possible version of yourself with a subtle, natural-looking enhancement.
But we are aware that not all clinics offering aesthetic and beauty treatments have the same commitment as us – it’s long been recognised that the non-surgical treatment industry is almost entirely unregulated and unaccountable, which puts potential customers at considerable risk.
That is why Dentelle is proud to stand out from the rest and be accredited with Save Face, the organisation that verifies qualifications and procedures in this industry.
See the Patient Charter and Be Safe Checklist below for details of the Save Face and Dentelle service standards.
About Save Face
Save Face was set up in 2013 to set the standards for safe, non-surgical cosmetic treatments in the UK.
It is an independent and impartial organisation, recognised by the Government, The Department of Health and NHS England as a Professional Standards Authority accredited register.
Its governing board consists of stakeholders who represent a cross section of professions and key bodies within the industry.
Save Face acknowledges that no treatment is entirely risk-free. However, it aims to safeguard prospective patients by only connecting them with regulated healthcare practitioners that
- are qualified, trained and certified medical professionals
- meet industry best practice standards and
- operate from safe premises.
Save Face service standards – Patient Charter and Be Safe Checklist
To be certified as Save Face Accredited, each practitioner and clinic listed on its register has been assessed against a robust set of standards.
We were awarded Save Face accreditation in 2014, as recognition for placing client safety at the heart of every treatment we provide, in addition to our excellent standards of service and customer care.
The Save Face Patient Charter and Consumer Checklist set out what you can expect from Dentelle, when you visit us for your aesthetic and beauty treatments.
The Patient Charter
Each practitioner and clinic listed on the Save Face register has been assessed against a robust set of standards in order to be certified as accredited.
The exclusive Save Face kite mark ensures that:
the person treating you
- is who they say they are
- the qualifications they claim are genuine and relevant
- the training they have received is appropriate
- is insured
- is registered with a statutory body
- undertakes regular training updates.
- complies with Health and Safety legislation
- is clean
- has the necessary equipment and facilities to provide the treatments safely.
the products and equipment used are
- appropriately licensed
- evidence based
- sourced from legitimate suppliers
- appropriately stored and maintained.
Be Safe Checklist
The Be Safe Checklist explains what you should expect from a treatment provider as well as important points to consider and check before going ahead with a treatment.
You should expect
- to be seen by a doctor, nurse or dentist for your consultation and assessment
- to have sufficient time to consider all the information – avoid making hasty decisions
- to be treated by a doctor, nurse or dentist
- a follow-up appointment if necessary or desired.
If you are considering Botulinum Toxin anti-wrinkle injections (commonly referred to as Botox), you must have a face to face consultation with a qualified prescriber (Doctor, Dentist or Nurse Prescriber) before having treatment as Botox is a prescription-only medicine
- What is this treatment or product?
- How does it work?
- What are the side effects or risks?
- What are the alternatives I might consider?
- What results can I expect?
- What will I look like immediately after?
- How long will the results last?
- How many treatments will I need and in what time frame?
- Are you able to treat complications, should they occur?
- What happens if I am not happy with the result?
- Is it painful?
- How do you minimise pain?
- What aftercare am I expected to perform?
- What will it cost and what are the payment terms?
What to check
You can use the following websites to check the qualifications of a:
Ask to see the unopened box of product or medicine to be used and make a note of it for future reference, should you later see another clinician.
Do not proceed with treatment if you do not feel comfortable with the practitioner.
Ask for copies of before and after photographs for your reference.
Take the necessary time to make your decisions do not be hurried into the treatment.
Do not proceed with treatment if you do not fully understand the information you are given.
Ask the practitioner to show you the product in its unopened package prior to treatment.
Make a note of the practitioner’s name and product used for future reference.
Do not have treatment in your home, at ‘parties’ or exhibitions or in environments that are clearly not clean or appropriate.
Please contact us if you would like to know more about our Save Face Accreditation and our service standards.